Affinity vs Adobe
Affinity vs Adobe
The blog post affinity vs adobe is designed to give you are your businesses some useful information on how you can create graphic designs for websites, banners and other illustrations. Some people would say I’m crazy to compare Adobe to another brand such as Affinity, but when you look at the pros and cons of both they are very close in competition.
Why choose Adobe?
Adobe offers a range of multimedia & creative software applications, dominating the web world for many years. Its versatility allows individuals and teams to explore and develop their creative thoughts and apply it to an online system where they can share their talents with friends, family, clients and the rest of the world.Adobes price range can be quite high, however you do overall get your moneys worth. There are several packages that you can choose from and you are also able to customise these to fit your business, whether you are a photographer, illustrator, graphic designer etc.
- Each application contains very advanced software tools
- A huge range of software applications
- Branding has been around for years, so they are very experienced in this industry
- Subscription cost is very high
- Adobe could increase their prices at any point
- It could be quite difficult to understand the software if you don’t have the knowledge in this industry
What about Affinity?
In the last few years Apple has decided to develop two applications in the Affinity group; Affinity designer and Affinity Photo, which are meant to compete with Abobes Photoshop & Illustrator. Affinity have done extremely well to develop this software and as much as I love using Adobes tools, you can’t match the simplicity of design and the layout. The functionality of the tools is responsive, smooth and becomes unique to each individual as it allows new perspectives and creative ideas to flow better onto the page. Personally I am looking forward to exploring affinity in more depth and i’m excited for what the future may bring in this designing software.
- One off cost for each application £40
- Its very user friendly, tools are easy to learn
- They are continuing to expand their software and you are now able to get affinity on windows
- There are only two applications available at the moment
- You may feel like the software is lacking major features for what you are trying to create/design.